Realtime Oracle to SQL Server Replication
Example: Realtime Integration from Oracle to SQL Server
Organizations using applications that run on an ORACLE database experience great difficulties getting this data into a SQL Server database so it can be accessed using Microsoft’s Business Intelligence suite. Requirements for this Data Replication are;
- No performance impact on production (e.g. true log reading from Oracle redo files, not LogMiner or database triggers)
- Guaranteed delivery and resiliency in the case of network or system outage
- Easy to install and manage, using a GUI
- Scalability, to manage multi-terabyte databases and multi-gigabyte transactions.
- Initializing the data in the target system must be fast, using bulk-load, so it’s ready in hours not days. And during this time, end-users s should be able to use the system normally.
- It should be possible to add, remove or change replicated tables without reinitializing the system
- Accurate and verifiable. All data must be delivered, regardless of datatype (e.g. CLOB, Floats etc..). And there must be a way to verify this by comparing the contents of source and target.
- A license fee that is economically feasible.
Realtime Integration from Oracle to SQL ServerHVR's Oracle to SQL Server replication engine meets all the defined requirements mentioned above.
- HVR reads directly from the Oracle redo and archive files, which means there is no performance or locking impact on the production database. HVR does not need database triggers. It also does not rely on Oracle’s LogMiner, because that utility is slow (lots of memory and CPU resources) and functionally limited (various database types such as CLOBs are not supported properly.
- HVR guarantees application accuracy, regardless of network or system outages.
- An integrated GUI makes the HVR uniquely easy and intuitive to install and operate. Replication of thousands of tables can be configured quickly, and after configuration it should be self-managing. But all HVR operations are also available on the command line, which allows scripting and change management.
- HVR has a built-in refresh tool in addition to its basic replication function. This means HVR can populate the target database at high speed using parallelism and bulk loading technique. Refresh is controlled using HVR’s normal GUI. Changes can continue on the source database while this refresh is occurring, so no production downtime is needed.
- HVR also allows the replicated tables to be changed (adding, removing or alter table) without reinitializing the system or production downtime.
- HVR is meticulous about data accuracy. Compatibility layers like ODBC and JDBC are avoided; instead HVR always uses native SQL connections, so data type conversions can be done correctly and without loss of data.
- HVR is available under various licensing models, including both a subscription fee and embedded licensing model (also called ISV Royalty Licensing).
Getting Started with HVR replication engine; 1 + 1 approach
Traditional approaches to implement Data Replication solutions are time- & money consuming and most of the time serious IT projects. HVR-Software eliminates this hurdle with our 1 to1 approach, which delivers a fully functional, automated Replication engine that you can immediately utilize within your organization.