Data Validation and Repair
Our data validation feature tells you whether your data is in sync and alerts you if there’s a problem.
This validation feature supports many relational database management systems. When data types are compatible, the differences are managed automatically. You can also manually specify transactions to easily compare incompatible data types, differing data structures, and alternative naming.
Any database system can encounter errors. Interruptions in operations can cause differences in your replicated systems, leaving you with out-of-sync data. Worse, you may not even be aware that this occurred.
- Compare your database records with one or more target databases
- Perform comparisons in efficient bulk mode or the more detailed row-by-row
- Deliver detailed comparison reports
- Prevent major (and disastrous) errors
- Have confidence in the data you are moving
- Easily identify and correct errors
Validate data in flight with Live Compare
Data validation functionality is taken to the next level of measuring data accuracy with live compare features:
1. Live Compare: Merge the changes in the HVR transaction files with any detected differences based on selecting the data from either side of the data flow. You can then give an exact answer on whether two systems are in sync, irrespective of in-flight changes.
2. Live Compare using a two-pass approach: Used to validate if databases are in sync or not, regardless if they are being replicated with HVR or any other replication tool.
3. File Compare: Perform a direct reading of the files instead of relying on Hive external tables to retrieve the data. This new approach no longer requires implicit data rounding and truncation as part of coercion and is more scalable than the existing approach using Hive. This also saves the cost of running Hive in the cloud.
Big data compare: how it works
How do you make sure your data is bit correct in the source and target systems? In this video, learn how the Big Data Compare feature in HVR enables you to make sure your data is correct and in sync. VP of Field Engineering, Joe deBuzna, explains how the Big Data Compare function works in HVR, why it is important for your business, and how it can identify and mitigate errors.