Lufthansa Flight Planning: Real-Time Analytics
Customer: Lufthansa Systems
How HVR Helps Keep Airplanes in the Air
Lufthansa Systems, a division of Lufthansa Airlines, is one of the world’s leading providers of IT services in the airline industry. It serves roughly 300 national and international airlines comprising more than one-third of all airlines worldwide. Among its many offerings, Lufthansa Systems offers Lido/FPLE (flight planning services), which determine the most effective flight routes in terms of cost, fuel and time. By optimizing flight routes, Lido/FPLS generates millions of dollars in extra profits for its customers each year.
The data necessary for up-to-the-minute flight planning must be replicated to the central data repository at Lufthansa Systems. Optimized plans must be replicated back to the customer airlines.
- HVR replicates bi-directionally between the central source to hundreds of different target databases at customer sites all over the world – even over restricted network links.
- Some customers use HVR for HA and reporting.
- Lufthansa gathers real-time data from customers in real time
- Customer airlines gain local access to real-time flight planning data
- High performance, scalability, and robustness
- Bi-directional replication
- Geographical Distribution