Eliminate Silos for One Version of the Truth
If your business operates on a global or multi-national level, you are likely not storing all your application data in a single database. Many legal, organizational and/or technical reasons prevent the creation of a single database instance.
Challenges of not storing data on one instance include:
- Data silos
- Different versions of the truth
- Latency when moving data
With the combination of flexibility, performance and robustness, HVR has proven to be a very good choice to embed in our flight planning system.
– Senior Database Software Architect, Lufthansa Systems Airlines Operations Solutions
Multi-Directional Data Movement
HVR allows you to use a single database instance across your global organization by delivering multi-directional replication.
HVR supports active/active replication, which enables geographic distribution, using log-based change data capture on all supported database sources. The concept of a location group means replication design remains the same whether two, five or fifty databases are in the active/active setup.
HVR’s easy-to-use GUI (graphical user interface) ensures an easy setup of active/active replication, whether you have two, tens or even hundreds of active databases. HVR provides innovative compare and repair capabilities as well as a monitoring dashboard to keep any number of active databases in sync.
Using HVR for geographic distribution, you can:
- Simplify set up using one command center
- Scale deployment for complex geographically distributed environments
- Quickly and efficiently move high volumes of data with compression capabilities and log-based change data capture