- August 3, 2018 at 2:50 pm #14999
How to remove a table from an existing channel?
In the following example, a channel is currently replicating about seven tables, but one of those tables no longer needs to be replicated. The following will show the steps to remove the ‘orders’ table from channel chn2.
- SUSPEND the capture job because we do not want any more transaction files coming in that contain changes for the table ‘orders’ that we want to delete.
- Let Integrate Job consume the existing transaction files. This step will make sure that there are no more transaction files sitting for changes on this table.
- Expand table explorer and right click on the table orders and select Delete.
- Confirm that you want to delete the table
5. Remove this table from table enrollment file by perform initialize only for Table enrollment option. This will make sure the table is not enrolled anymore and the changes for this table will not be picked up by capture
- Right click on the channel chn1 and select ‘HVR Initialize’
- In the next pop up window select only the source location
- Then select tab Advanced Options. In this keep box checked only for Table Enrollment option as shown in the image and all the tables should be selected.
6.Click on Initialize button. This will initialize the remaining tables and remove orders from the enrollment file.
7. Start the Capture job.August 7, 2018 at 5:26 pm #15019kthomasParticipant
Hi Pallavi: Very useful…thanks. Do you have a “how-to” for the flip side of this: How to add a table to an existing channel? Between that and this article, it covers some basic operational questions that most customers have. Thanks!August 10, 2018 at 1:01 pm #15047
We will have one soon coming up.August 14, 2018 at 2:26 pm #15071
You will find how to add a new table to an existing channel here https://www.hvr-software.com/support-services/customer-resources/forum/topic/add-new-table-existing-hvr-channel/
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.