F_JG2018: error between hub and listener

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Waseem Saleh
    Participant

Hello,

How to resolve this error:

F_JG2018: Cannot change to user 'hvravec' because current process has effective user-id 501 but requires roots effective user-id (zero).
    F_JT04A1: The previous error occurred between slave 'test_loc2' HVR version 5.1.1/8 executable and a parent HVR version 5.1.1/0 executable.
    F_JT04A0: The previous error occurred while starting coprocess 'gui_test_loc2'.
    F_JT04A1: The previous error occurred between slave 'gui_test_loc' HVR version 5.1.1/0 executable and a parent HVR version 5.1.1/7 executable.

Thanks for you help,

Waseem

Erik van Veen
    Keymaster

Hi Waseem,

this error occurs because hvrremotelistener attempts to set its effective userid to that of the HVR user and fails because this operation requires root privileges.

If you restart hvrremotelistener whilst logged in as root, the setting of effective userid should succeed.

Regards, Erik

Simon Faas
    Keymaster

Alternatively you can run the hvrremotelistener as the user that is used by HVR to connect. In this case the process does not need to change it effective user id; avoiding the error

Waseem Saleh
    Participant

Thanks! we overcome this above issue.

I am getting a different error now:

F_JD22EC: Unable to connect to Greenplum database ‘axgdwq01’ on node ‘geaecgpdbqa.**.**.com’ because ODBC driver [DataDirect 7.1 Greenplum Wire Protocol] can not be loaded. Check the relevant odbcinst.ini files to see whether this driver has been installed.

Also check whether the correct ODBC driver manager library is specified.

F_JT04A1: The previous error occurred between a slave HVR version 5.1.1/8 executable and a parent HVR version 5.1.1/0 executable

Thanks for your help,
    Waseem

Erik van Veen
    Keymaster

Hi Waseem,

the reason for this error is either a) you didn’t install the GP ODBC driver or b) the HVR location information pertaining to the location of this driver is missing or incorrect.

You can find instructions for Greenplum here.

Regards, Erik

Pooja Patel
    Participant

I got this same error in Scheduler:

The previous error occurred between slave ‘gui_test_loc’ HVR version 5.1.5/14 executable and a parent HVR version 5.2.1/2 executable.

Should I have to changed my HVR GUI version ?

Mark
    Keymaster

Hi Pooja,

5.1.5/14 was an early adopters release, whereas 5.2.1 is a GA version. We do very limited testing in cross-version compatibility for the early adopters releases. In this case I recommend you upgrade the 5.1.5 version to the 5.2.1.

Hope this helps.

Mark.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Test drive
Contact us