- March 29, 2019 at 3:04 pm #18496PallavikKeymaster
How To: Archive HVR log output files (i.e. hvr.out) from directory $HVR_CONFIG/log/hubname
Imagine a situation when there are lots of event messages being generated in your channel, automatically hvr.out file is going to grow. It is recommended to archive the hvr.out file after certain interval to avoid overloading hub machine.
Overloading of the hub machine might lead to delays in calculating latencies, errors etc the fields which are displayed in the HVR Console for monitoring purpose.
This happens because hvrmaint task essentially scans the hvr.out file to calculate the latencies or find out the recent error. In this article we will see how archiving of these files can be achieved. In this article we will see how to purge file hvr.out for hub hvrhub4
1) chn1, chn2 and chn4 are already running in hub hvrhub4
Step 1] Create a hvrmaint task archivelogs
- Right click on Schedule for hub hvrhub4 and select Maintenance tasks
- Click on Add button to add a new hvrmaint task
- On the next prompt, enter the name for the task. In our case we name it as archivehvrlogs
- Click on Ok to confirm
- Now we see this task added in Maintenance Tasks.
Step 2] Set up actions that you would like task archivehvrlogs to perform
- Check box for archive_files and mention the file that you would like to archive. In this case it is out
- Check box for archive_keep_days and specify the number of days after which you would want hvrmaint task to purge hvr files from archive directory. In this case it is 7 days which means after 7 days the hvr.out file will be purged from archive directory.
- Note that by default archive directory logarchive is created under directory $HVR_CONFIG. So when hvrmaint task archivehvrlog runs, hvr.out file will be moved to $HVR_CONFIG/logarchive
- A log file for maintenance task will be created in $HVR_CONFIG/log/hvrhub4/hvrmaint-archivehvrlogs.out
Step 3] Set up the time interval under Time options you want the archivehvrlogs task to run
Step 4] Click on Save to save the task
Step 5] Click on Run to execute the task. This will run the task once immediately and then at the interval that is specified by customer.
- When this task is run for the first time, logarchive directory is created under $HVR_CONFIG
- Under this directory a hub directory is created under which a sub directory for date (yyyymmdd) when the logs are archived is created. In this directory we see the hvr.out file which was archived.
For more information on this please refer to the link https://www.hvr-software.com/docs/Hvrmaint
Please note that the files that don’t match the pattern in archive_files are deleted from the directory $HVR_CONFIG/log/<HUB_NAME>. For example individual out files for the channels will be deleted i.e. chn1.out, chn1-cap-<source_loc>.out. New files will be created which will get populated with new logs.
- The forum ‘How to’ is closed to new topics and replies.