- March 5, 2019 at 11:55 pm #17953PallavikKeymaster
HVR tool can be used to replicate the xml file format to a table in a database. But to achieve this it is required that the xml file is present in HVR’s xml format.
1] The location for Target database is already created
2] The location for file source is already created
Step 1] Create a table on the Target database.
Step 2] Create the xml file with below HVR’s xml format.
<?xml version=”1.0″ encoding=”UTF-8″?>
<!DOCTYPE hvr SYSTEM “lib/hvr.dtd”>
<column name=”c2″>Hello World</column>
Here c1 and c2 are the column names and test2 is the table name. It should be same as the name of the table in the Target location.
Step 3] Create the channel
- Create capture and Integrate Actions
Where testpallavi.xml is the name of the xml file
- Add the table test2 from the target location using Table Explorer. In this case the Target location is ‘orcl’.
- Do table Explorer in location ‘orcl’ and select table ‘test2’
Step 4] Perform HVR initialize for this channel. This will create capture and Integrate jobs
Step 5] Start the Capture and Integrate Jobs.
Step 6] Below is the contents of the table in Target oracle location
Please note that
- Refresh is not supported for file class
- If the xml files are huge , then XSLT can be used to convert them to HVR’s xml format
For more information please refer to the wiki page https://www.hvr-software.com/docs/FileFormat#HVR.27s_XML_Format
- The forum ‘How to’ is closed to new topics and replies.