HVR FOR AZURE BLOB FS
- This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 3 months, 1 week ago by .
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
plan to move our data from tables to Azure blob File storage In flat files.
A few confirmation points needed :
• Does it need a separate license
• Is it a must to set up a Hadoop environment
• And does the output files on Azure Blob FS come on all sorts of flat files or just in CSV, JSON, and AVRO formats?
The requirements to write to Azure Blob storage are here: https://www.hvr-software.com/docs/location-class-requirements/requirements-for-azure-blob-fs
You can see there that a Hadoop client is required because HVR uses WebHDFS REST calls to deliver data into Blob Storage.
Whether you need a separate license depends on the kind of license you have. Please contact your HVR account manager for this.
HVR supports file formats Parquet, JSON, Avro, CSV or XML (https://www.hvr-software.com/docs/actions/fileformat). If you want something else then you would deliver to one of these formats and transform the data using an AgentPlugin.
Hope this helps.
© 2020 HVR
It appears you are still using Internet Explorer. Support for IE has been discontinued by Microsoft, and many features of our site may not display or work properly.