HVR Initialize Error

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Rohit Patel
    Participant

Hi Team,

There is an issue with HVR Replication. Upon Clicking HVR Initialize under Channel Definitions <b>’scr2stage’</b>, the below error occurs:

F_JJ1702: The HVR Live Wallet port does not remember any secret for Oracle’s software wallet ‘ewallet.p12’. It was last restarted at 2018-05-18T16:08:44+05:30.
    F_JJ1703: The previous error occurred while communicating with HVR Live Wallet port in service ‘hvrsched’ on node ‘server1’ and listening on port number 53616.
    F_JD0713: The previous error occurred while verifying the password for Oracle’s software wallet ‘ewallet.p12’.
    F_JT04C2: The previous error occurred on line 30 of script ‘C:hvrhvr_configjobhvrhubsrc2stagesrc2stage-init-oracl’.
    F_JR0015: The previous error was detected during generation of objects for channel src2stage. It is possible that objects have been left incomplete.

Analysis:

It seems there is a functionality to use hvrlivewallet. ‘hvrlivewallet’ sets a password for the Oracle TDE wallet associated to the location specified by locuser on the HVR Live Wallet port and this to establish a secure connection. This can be done by providing a db encrpyted password under Location Configuration for Source ‘oracl’ but upon selecting the same to see what it does it points out the below error:

F_JB0700: Could not find any Oracle wallet file ‘ewallet.p12’ at ”. This indicates that the Oracle location oracl does not use encryption and setting an encryption password is not required.

Any thoughts on how to overcome this? OR any ideas where to look for to resolve this?

HVR Version that’s being used is 5.3.1/8

Thank you.

Rohit

• This topic was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by Rohit Patel. Reason: Attachment
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by Rohit Patel. Reason: Editing
    Mark
    Keymaster

Hi Rohit,

Have you checked the HVR documentation regarding the HVR live wallet? Please see https://www.hvr-software.com/wiki/Hvrlivewallet.

Mark.

Rohit Patel
    Participant

Hi Mark,

Thanks, I guess our teams are working together on this.

I will let you know if I need any help.

Rohit

Rohit Patel
    Participant

Hello Mark,

I have gone through the HVR Live Wallet documentation and tried to configure one but it errors out with a contradictory error to what I am receiving previously:

When I click on Source (Location Configuration) and try to put in the DB Encryption password it errors out with below:

F_JB0700: Could not find any Oracle wallet file ‘ewallet.p12’ at ”. This indicates that the Oracle location oracl does not use encryption and setting an encryption password is not required.

This seems very complicated, I will appreciate your help here to see if we can overcome this.

Thank you.

Rohit

Rohit Patel
    Participant

Hello Again,

Just an update: The data isn’t using any encrypted tablespace.

Thanks,

Rohit

Mark
    Keymaster

Rohit,

We recognize the issue that you cannot initialize the channel if encryption is enabled on the database, and are addressing this (ticket HVR-5405). We will have a software release that includes this fix soon.

Mark.

Rohit Patel
    Participant

Thank you, Mark. I will let you know how it goes once the software is available.

Rohit

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2020 HVR

Test drive Contact us