Knowledge Base:  Action to resolve HVR error F_JD21AE with TDE enabled on Sqlserver

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Donna Zehl
    Keymaster

Knowledge Base:  Action to resolve HVR error F_JD21AE with TDE enabled on Sqlserver

Problem Summary:

I have a Sqlserver source with TDE enabled. I received this error. How do I resolve?

F_JD21AE: Unable to connect to SQL Server database 'hvrhub' on node 'myserver-db03'.  
    DBMS error [Encryption not supported on the client. 
    SSL Provider: The client and server cannot communicate, because they do not possess a common algorithm. Client unable to establish connection. 
    A network-related or instance-specific error has occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. Server is not found or not accessible. 
    Check if instance name is correct and if SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. For more information see SQL Server Books Online]. 
    DBMS error number [21]. SQL State [08001]. DBMS version [unknown]. Last query [none].

Resolve/Description:

You need to use /LogReadMethod=SQL because you cannot use /LogReadMethod= Direct when TDE is turned on at the database level

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2019 HVR

Try now Contact us