- March 19, 2019 at 11:43 am #18257PallavikKeymaster
Problem Summary: How to troubleshoot hvrmaint error hvrhttpreq: F_JG3529 Couldn’t resolve host name for slack alert
1)The first step to troubleshoot this error is checking if the slack server is reachable to HVR user
This can be found out by running below commands as HVR user
Case 1)If you get results like below. It means that HVR user cannot reach the slack server and you need to work with network team to fix this.
- ping hooks.slack.com ping: unknown host hooks.slack.com
- nslookup hooks.slack.com Server: 10.220.220.220 Address: 10.220.220.220#53 ** server can’t find hooks.slack.com: NXDOMAIN
- traceroute hooks.slack.com hooks.slack.com: Name or service not known Cannot handle “host” cmdline arg `hooks.slack.com’ on position 1 (argc 1)
Case 2)If you get results like below it means slack server is reachable. In this case more information will be required for investigation.
Pinging hooks.slack.com [18.104.22.168] with 32 bytes of data: Reply from 22.214.171.124: bytes=32 time=233ms TTL=239 Reply from 126.96.36.199: bytes=32 time=275ms TTL=239 Reply from 188.8.131.52: bytes=32 time=260ms TTL=239 Reply from 184.108.40.206: bytes=32 time=184ms TTL=239 Ping statistics for 220.127.116.11: Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss), Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds: Minimum = 184ms, Maximum = 275ms, Average = 238ms
If the server is not reachable work with networking team to check if there is firewall blocking this server or if there are DNS issues.
If server is reachable create a support ticket to work with HVR support.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.