Events List Navigation
Many organizations have a serious interest in data lakes, at the moment, because of the business analytics and new data-driven practices that lakes promise. Yet, these organizations still aren’t quite ready to take a dive into a data lake. Whether they are unable to define standard structures, align and maintain business meanings, or create a governance strategy, these companies struggle to anticipate what truly lies beneath the surface of the data lake.
If this sounds familiar, join us and Philip Russom, Ph.D. of TDWI in our webinar about data lakes. Here we will explore five key questions we typically hear about data lakes as well as common myths about data lakes. Discover how to move forward with confidence, avoid common pitfalls, and build a data lake that provides real business value across the enterprise.
What you will learn:
- What a data lake is and what it isn’t
- What technology platforms, tools, designs, and architectures are involved
- Why you may need a lake, and what business value you can expect to get from it
- How to get started in a safe and value-adding way
- What the critical success factors are
Get a real world example of how a large organization consolidated their IoT Data and Operational Data into a Data Lake for real-time analytics.
Philip Russom, Ph.D. Senior Research Director, TDWI
Mark Van de Wiel, CTO, HVR
On June 13th, you are invited to join our Senior Solutions Architects, Zulf and Simon, for their “Getting Started” session of HVR. The intent of this casual and informal session is to deepen your understanding of HVR from a technical perspective.
During the session, you will:
1. Learn how to get HVR setup and running
2. Get an overview of key HVR features
3. See an end to end demo of HVR
Zulf will be answering your questions during the presentation as we invite you to engage along the way. Please come prepared with questions unique to your use case.